Fire protection measures for switched reluctance motors
Whether it is a switched reluctance motor or other types of electrical equipment, fire protection measures must be taken, otherwise it will be troublesome if the motor really causes a fire. Not only will it threaten the safety of the staff, but it will also harm the interests of the users. Therefore, we must do a good job in the fire prevention work of the motor, so the following small series will teach you what fire prevention work should be done.
1. When starting, the specified number of starts and start interval should be strictly implemented, and frequent starting should be avoided as much as possible to avoid overheating and igniting of the stator windings.
2. After the overhaul and the motor that has been out of power for more than 7 days, the insulation resistance should be measured before starting, so as to avoid the burn-in of the switched reluctance motor due to the phase-to-phase short circuit or the breakdown of the ground due to the insulation moisture.
3. Do not stack any debris around the switched reluctance motor. To avoid fire, the motor and its starting device should be kept at an appropriate distance from the combustibles.
4. During operation, the current and voltage must not exceed the allowable range. The temperature, sound, vibration, and shaft movement of the motor should be normal and there is no burnt odor.
5. When the switched reluctance motor runs out of phase, the power should be cut off immediately to prevent the motor from heating up due to lack of phase operation overload.
6. In case of fire, immediately cut off the power supply and use a special fire extinguisher for electrical equipment such as carbon dioxide, carbon tetrachloride, "1211" fire extinguisher and steam fire extinguishing.
Especially in the very dry and hot seasons in summer, it is easy to cause fires. Therefore, we must do a good job of fire prevention measures for switched reluctance motors. Any preventive work must be done carefully. At the same time, we must check the use and storage safety of the motor regularly. To avoid hidden dangers.